The Anderson plug or Brad Harrison plug is a quick connector that is used in DC Power applications. The Brad Harrison plug is made up of an insulated base with an attached metal contact point, which can be crimped onto the wire being attached. The Brad Harrison plugs also feature a locking mechanism that locks the wire in place once it’s been crimped onto the Anderson plug connector. Anderson Plugs South Africa, Anderson plugs are one of the most versatile types of plugs used today.
The 50A Anderson Plug can accommodate cables up to 16mm. The Anderson plug contacts have a superior surface area and ensure a good connection. The Anderson plug or Brad Harrison plug work with any 12V battery. They are a perfect port to connect your portable camping fridge or solar panel to your battery. It’s a male and female counterpart so you can connect your solar panels, camp fridges, and more to your solar batteries.
Anderson plugs are designed for high current needs: up to 50 amps with an operating voltage of up to 600V. The Anderson plug is one of the most popular connectors in use today. The Anderson plug has a superior surface area, so there is more contact between the conductor and conductor filling in any voids if your insulation isn’t perfect.
- Colour: Grey.
- Pins: 2.
- Rated current (Amp): 50A.
- Rated voltage (Volts): 600V.
- Insulation Resistance: 5000MΩ.
- Average Connection/disconnect (N): 95±5N.
- Without load (Contact/Disconnect Cycles): To 10000.
- With Load (Hot Plug 250 Cycles & 120V): 40A.
- Flammability: Flammability: UL94 V-0.
- Certification: ISO9001/TS16949.
- Contact material: Silver Plated Copper.
- The material of the Terminal: Red copper.