Solar Installation 101
At Solar Panels Energy in Vanderbijlpark, South Africa we offer a wide range of solar energy systems and solar kits in South Africa and Solar installation. We design and supply high quality of complete solar power kits for homes, complete solar energy systems, and DIY solar kits to suit all low voltage electrical applications. From the most basic to the highest technical specification, we have it all covered. Whether you are looking for a simple off-grid system, Hybrid Solar Kits, Load Shedding Kits with just a few components, or an advanced solar power kits unit – we have them all.
- Build your own complete off-grid solar energy system with kits from Hybrid Solar Kits.
- We provide everything you need including solar panels, mounting hardware, Solar inverters and Lithium ion Batteries.
- We now have several High Quality DIY, and complete solar power kits for homes all over South Africa.
- Solar installation is the use of photovoltaic (PV) panels that harness the sun’s energy to produce electricity. PV systems help to reduce the cost of lighting and heating appliances and can result in significant savings to your household budget.
- Whether you’re interested in adding solar power to your home for the first time or upgrading an existing system, our complete line of solar products can help you capture the sun’s energy and convert it into productive use throughout your home. By differentiating ourselves from other leading solar companies, we can offer a variety of systems, a range of storage solutions, and a wide range of technologies – all designed with one goal: simpler installation and greater energy savings.
- The first stage in making your home more energy-efficient is to get rid of unnecessary appliances, for example, an old refrigerator.
- In making your home more energy-efficient, installing a solar-powered system can reduce your household’s consumption as much as you want. Some basic costs include the purchase and installation of the solar arrays, plus connecting these to your existing power systems (mains). But this could be offset by the reduction in electricity bills over the duration of the system. There are many factors, including the amount of power used, local construction costs and sunlight levels; each will greatly impact the price.
IS A SOLAR INSTALLATION WORTH IT?
- No one wants to experience load shedding again. Studies show that installing solar panels on your roof is one of the most effective ways to reduce your electricity bill.
- A solar system adds real value to your home, even before you take into account the income it gives you.
- One of the biggest questions homeowners ask themselves is, “will it be worth it?”. Solar continues to gain popularity in South Africa & you may be one of the growing numbers of people looking into installing it yourself. It makes sense… you can save money by generating your own electricity and reducing your carbon footprint at the same time.
- The calculation of how much solar electricity generation is worth financially involves at least four basic steps. First, it involves gathering information about the market value of power purchased from the electric grid in your region. Then, you need to find out what your home consumes in terms of the electricity required for lighting, appliances, and other purposes. This data can be found on your most recent utility bill. Next you need to figure out how much money you are likely to save by purchasing energy from the distributed solar power system rather than from the grid.
WHAT IS RESIDENTIAL SOLAR INSTALLATION?
- Residential Solar Installation is a cost-effective, reliable home solar system that allows you to receive the benefits of solar power for your home. Residential Solar Installation harnesses the power of the sun off-grid with built-in batteries to ensure you have electricity even when your solar panels are not receiving enough sunlight.
HOW MUCH IS SOLAR INSTALLATION?
- One of the biggest myths about solar power is that it’s expensive. But, in reality, it’s possible to lower your energy costs through solar energy. There are many components to solar energy, starting with the installation.
- Getting started with solar power is easy! Our team members will be glad to answer any of your questions, and our ordering process makes it simple to get what you need. We offer free quotes on all of our solar systems.
- Solar power is becoming an increasingly popular choice for many homeowners in South Africa. It is not only eco-friendly, but it is also cost-efficient. However, the cost of solar power installation can range from around R50,000 to R250,000 depending on the size of the house and electrical output requirements.
WHAT IS ARRAY IN SOLAR INSTALLATION?
- A solar array is a collection of multiple solar panels that generate electricity as a system.
- An installer will often describe your solar arrays as the panels themselves, and how they are situated.
TYPES OF SOLAR INSTALLATIONS.
There are different types of solar installations for all needs and purposes, here are some of the main solar installations ones.
- Off-Grid System.
- Grid-Tied System.
- Grid-Backup System.
- Backup System.
OFF-GRID SOLAR INSTALLATION.
- Off-Grid solar installations are designed to work alone and cannot synchronise with Eskom grid. Off-grid systems do not use the electricity grid as a source of power, but instead, rely on entirely independent sources such as solar panels and batteries. The advantages of an off-grid solar installation include power independence and self-sufficiency, especially in remote regions.
GRID-TIED SOLAR INSTALLATION.
- A grid-tied solar electric system is made up of components that make up a solar electric system, but the difference is how the solar panels are used. A grid-tie system ties your solar panels directly to Eskom power grid.
- The grid-tied Solar system is designed to be connected with Eskom grid. When there is load shedding, the energy will be cut off from the solar power system.
HYBRID SOLAR INSTALLATION.
- A hybrid solar system is a self-sufficient solar energy system that also incorporates Eskom, solar panels and batteries. This means all solar photovoltaic (PV) modules feed power directly into the load.
- A hybrid solar system is a combination of Eskom-Grid and Off-Grid based solar energy, In simple terms, one can define it as a grid-connected solar power system with a battery backup added.
- A Backup System – an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) gives you the ability to protect your family and electronics from unexpected load shedding.
- UPS units are typically used to minimize or eliminate the impact of power outages on computer systems. They contain energy storage devices (tanks, batteries etc.) that enable the unit to supply power for a time, usually, enough time for vulnerable equipment (e.g., computers) to safely shut down. A UPS does not eliminate the need for a regular power backup system; but without one, a UPS will not help when the grid “goes down” and the utility stops producing electricity.
- The Backup System is your first line of defence against load shedding.
CAUTIONS REGARDING INSTALLATION OF SOLAR POWER SYSTEMS.
- When working with all electrical devices, solar devices included, basic safety precautions should be taken. First and foremost, you will want to use dry conditions with dry tools.
- Do not step or stand on solar modules. They can break causing serious injuries, never step on solar modules while installation is in progress.
- Solar panels should not be installed within 15m from any flammable gases or liquids, or any source of ignition or sparks that may cause a fire.
- Do not drop or allow objects to fall onto the PV module.
- Solar module cleaning is best done with clean water and a soft cloth. Do not use chemicals on solar modules when cleaning.
- Solar electricity systems utilize high-voltage DC (direct current) electronics that are particularly sensitive to electrostatic discharge (ESD). Although the grids of DC solar circuits are insulated to prevent electrostatic shock, you can be severely shocked if your clothing, hand tools, or other metal objects have a static charge.
- Do not touch cable electrical contacts.
- Consult local codes and other applicable laws and statutes concerning required permits and regulations concerning installation and inspection requirements. Install solar modules and systems according to applicable codes.
- Avoid shadowing cells in order to prevent solar module hot spots and/or reduction in power.
Solar Panel Energy (Pty) Ltd is a professional Solar Panel installation company in Vanderbijlpark in the Vaal Triangle, with years of experience. We provide solar panel installations to residential homes and businesses in the Vaal Triangle and surrounding areas like Vereeniging, Sasolburg and Meyerton
- We offer top-quality solar panels installation to homeowners and business owners.
- Get the best prices on solar panels installation and enjoy the benefits of a cleaner home, cheaper bills and more money in your pocket.
- Get FREE solar panels and see your electricity bills go down.
- Solar panels are a great way for the renewable energy of the sun to be used to power devices and utilities.
Solar has never been more accessible! We make it quick and easy to source everything you need from one place with our complete kits. Choose from our range of ready to go Hybrid Solar Kits, Load Shedding Kits or Off-Grid Solar Kits and we’ll install it for you, saving you valuable time. Enjoy clean energy at a great price point by choosing Solar Panel Energy (Pty) Ltd.